Sand art takes time and patience...lots of patience. Send a greeting this year on a card so beautiful, it'll just have to be framed.
Al Basma Special Rehabilitation Centre is a place where young adults with learning disabilities can go during the day for training in valuable life and work skills. The centre is in Beit Sahour, just East of Bethlehem in an area renowned for its olive wood carving. The centre was founded in 1987 and served just 5 clients when it first opened. Since that time it has grown considerably and now serves 36 young adults aged from 12 years old and up. At the centre, clients spend every morning manufacturing products for sale. They make recycled paper, compress paper blocks for heating, weave rugs and carve olive wood. Making these products gives the clients work experience and the opportunity to contribute to the running of their organisation.
- Made by hand in Palestine
- Hand made paper card with envelope
- Sand art on front with blank inside
- Measures 4" tall x 5-3/4" wide
- Due to the hand crafted nature of these cards, precise design will vary making each a unique work of art.