The perfect finishing touch for any meal is a dash of freshly ground pepper! Give that fresh touch of pepper or even salt with these wonderful hand turned spice grinders.
The wood carvers of Palestine have long depended on tourists as their source of income. The conflict with Israel has made the region so volatile, that tourists are no longer commonplace and they are finding making a living very challenging. Finding new markets outside the country is one way to give them a better chance of supporting their families. They use tree trimmings and the wood from olive trees too old to produce fruit for their carvings, protecting future olive crops. Each piece is cut, sanded, and varnished to preserve the beauty of the graining olive wood is known for. This wood grain is unique to every piece made and will change the color variation depending on how it falls within that carving.
- Made by hand in the Bethlehem, Beit Sahour & Beit Jala regions of Palestine
- One grinder
- Hand turned from sustainably harvested olive wood
- Measures approximately 1-1/2" diameter x 5-1/2"
- Usable for either salt or pepper
- Due to the hand turned nature of these grinders, top will not match up perfectly with base as you are grinding.