Every at home chef has a favorite spoon. It feel good in your hand with a nice weight and a smooth feel. This hand carved wooden spoon has a solid feel and will soon become your favorite for stirring what's cooking on the stove, being mixed in the bowl, or dished out onto the dinner plate.
The wood carvers of Palestine have long depended on tourists as their source of income. The conflict with Israel has made the region so volatile, that tourists are no longer commonplace and they are finding making a living very challenging. Finding new markets outside the country is one way to give them a better chance of supporting their families. They use tree trimmings and the wood from olive trees too old to produce fruit for their carvings, protecting future olive crops. Each piece is cut, sanded, and varnished to preserve the beauty of the graining olive wood is known for. This wood grain is unique to every piece made and will change the color variation depending on how it falls within that carving.
- Made by hand in the Bethlehem, Beit Sahour & Beit Jala regions of Palestine
- Carved from one piece of sustainably harvested olive wood
- Laser engraved handle "Cooking is my Cardio"
- Single wooden spoon
- Measures approximately 13"
- Hand wash with soap and warm water. Air dry. Do not soak.
- Any wooden spoon or cooking tool benefits from a very light rubbing of olive oil onto the surface twice a year. This light care will rehydrate the wood and keep them nice for decades to come.
Find our complete assortment of kitchen essentials here.
Made by hand is uniquely beautiful. Our products are made by humans, not mass produced on automated machines. Minor imperfections and variations are to be expected as a characteristic of the artistry. Please appreciate these individualities for what they are, a maker pouring their heart and soul into a unique and beautiful piece of work for you.